Job Title: Vice President of Development and External Affairs
Reports To: President and CEO
The Vice President of Development and External Affairs will report directly to the President and CEO and supervise the productivity and outcomes of the fundraising, communications and marketing departments. The position will be responsible for coordinating a consistent internal and external message that will coalesce with fundraising requests, program services the overall brand of the organization. This position is the chief sales officer responsible for all fundraising and internal/external messaging. This position will directly supervise the full-time Marketing Communications Director position and the Development Associate part-time position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and maintain an organizational Fund Development Plan.
• Research grant opportunities and write grants were appropriate.
• Monitor and report on current grants.
• Will focus on various types of fundraising opportunities including, but not limited to: new donor gifts, reoccurring individual giving, major donor appeals, implementation and maintenance of a planned giving program, corporate giving, sponsorships, philanthropic giving, capital campaign appeals, endowment growth, merchandise sales, contracting opportunities, events, special projects
• Responsible for all donor tracking, database management and reporting.
• Responsible for donor acknowledgements.
• Oversee revises and maintenance of organization’s Communications Plan per development goals.
• Support efforts to seek and maintain strong relationships with media, elected officials, municipalities, investors and other partners.
• Maintain and expand ALT’s brand in Southwest Pennsylvania, especially to new donors and retention of existing donors.
• Oversee all outreach channels including, but not limited to, website, newsletters, social media platforms, press releases and other outlets.
• Administer a friendraiser program.
• Proactively seek organizational exposure through print, radio, television and web platforms.
• Attend regular Board of Director meetings.
• Provide reports to the President & CEO when requested.
• Participate in special projects when needed.
• Any other assigned responsibility.
The candidate should have at a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, Marketing, Public Relations or related field. A Master’s Degree is preferred. Certified Fundraising Executives (CFRE) are strongly urged to apply. Candidates should have five to seven years of professional fundraising experience. A commitment to understanding and promoting land conservation, land management and/or environmental issues is critical to success in this position.
To apply, please send a cover letter, current resume, three references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 26, 2016 by 5:00 PM. Allegheny Land Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.