Natural Lands is a non-profit organization that saves open space, cares for nature, and connects people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. We’ve been at it since the early 1950s and, today, more than 2.5 million people live within five miles of lands under our permanent protection.
Natural Lands is pleased to announce an open position on our beautiful ChesLen and Stroud Preserves. The Visitor Relations Representative will help to deliver an inspiring guest experience, by welcoming guests and providing information in furtherance of Natural Lands’ mission to connect people to the outdoors. This part-time position will include walks on the preserve during varied, flexible shifts throughout the week and weekend. A well-socialized canine partner (on leash) may accompany you.
• Availability for 20 hours of outdoor work in the early mornings, late afternoon/evening and weekends;
• Guest relations experience in a public setting such as a museum, zoo, etc, or similar experience in interacting with the public; Exceptional customer service skills; Professional appearance;
• Enthusiasm for being outdoors; A passion for Natural Land’s mission and a strong desire to forge lasting relationships that support that mission;
• Previous training in conflict de-escalation and/or familiarity with Leave No Trace will be helpful;
• The ability to safely traverse trails that are unpaved and may be uneven, wet, steep and/or otherwise difficult to navigate. Requires occasional work in hot, cold and inclement weather;