December 22, 2016
Manada Conservancy is a land trust dedicated to preserving the natural, historic, agricultural and scenic resources of Dauphin County through land conservation, environmental education and community engagement.
Manada Conservancy is seeking a Stewardship Director to coordinate and execute the annual monitoring of preserved properties, prepare baseline field studies, act as preserve manager, oversee the stewardship of fee-owned properties, and prepare maps using Geographic Information Systems. The Stewardship Director may also assist with preservation projects as needed with grant writing, drafting conservation easements, meeting with attorneys and landowners, and contacting contracted professionals.
The Stewardship Director position is part-time, 20 hours per week. The Stewardship Director works under the guidance of the Executive Director and in consultation with the Board of Directors.
• Coordinate and execute annual property monitoring and initial property assessments
• Act as primary property manager, oversee the stewardship implementation of all fee-owned properties
• Establish baseline documents
• Draft conservation easements and assist with grants for preservation projects
• Serve as primary GIS support for preservation projects
• Meet with landowners and other legal interests
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals; staff, Board members, partners, Manada members, volunteers, land-use professionals, lawyers, and landowners.
• Ability to coordinate a team of volunteers to fulfill preservation work
• Organized, self-motivated, attentive to details, and responsive to deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask
• Proficiency in GIS and GPS applications
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule
• An interest in conservation and Manada Conservancy’s mission
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is January 31, 2017.
PO Box 25
Hummelstown, PA 17036
(717) 566-4122 email@example.com