The Stewardship Assistant is responsible for assisting Preserve Managers and Building Stewardship staff. Duties will include land management and maintenance of equipment, roads, and structures. This will include operation of power equipment, such as chainsaws, tractors, and lawn mowers. The Stewardship Assistant will be required to physically perform, as needed, any and all tasks necessary for the maintenance of any Trust Preserve and to occasionally work weekends, evenings, and holidays as requested to fulfill his or her responsibilities. The position will primarily assist Preserve Managers in Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties, although you may serve from time to time at all of the NLT locations.
• Regular and consistent attendance
• Meadow/lawn mowing and trail/road maintenance with lawn and farm tractors
• Trimming around buildings as needed
• Maintenance and operation of equipment owned by NLT including farm tractors, commercial mowers, chainsaws, and other preserve maintenance equipment
• Assisting Building Stewardship crew in building repairs and renovations
• Restoration of degraded natural areas
• Transfer of heavy equipment via truck and gooseneck trailer
• Adherence to NLT’s stringent safety program and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment
• Assisting with preserve events and membership activities
• Trash collection within Preserves and along public roads
• Monitoring the land and structures for unwarranted use and vandalism
• Posting of Preserve boundaries
• Conduct bird censuses
• Participate in NLT’s fire program.
• Highly motivated, responsible, reliable and dependable.
• Capable of performing a wide variety of physically demanding tasks
• Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a good driving record
• Customer service attitude and be comfortable working with the general public.
• Flexibility when dealing with changes in work plans
• Carry out tasks in a professional manner.
• Adequate skills and a familiarity of the safe operation and care of basic hand and power tools.
• Willingness to perform subordinate tasks such as clean-up
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The Stewardship Assistant will be required to perform a wide array of physically demanding tasks, necessary for the maintenance of the various preserves and to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as requested to fulfill his or her responsibilities. Regular and consistent attendance is required. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Please send your resume and a letter of interest to Jen Albany, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.