The South Mountain Partnership Events and Outreach Specialist is a part-time employee of the Capital Resource Conservation and Development (Capital RC&D) Area Council, Inc. and reports directly to the Capital RC&D Executive Director as well as assigned project leaders. The Events and Outreach Specialist is a grant supported position located in Carlisle, PA and funded through February 2019, working between 15 and 20 hours per week. The position is responsible for several tasks to support the capacity of the South Mountain Partnership. These include managing the planning and logistics for two regional events with the technical support of two event steering committees. In addition, the position will work with the South Mountain Partnership Director to provide logistical and planning support for meetings and assist with website update and the publication of the regional South Mountain Partnership newsletter. This is a nonexempt, part-time position paying $20/hour, no benefits included. Limited, occasional travel is required for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support for the timely planning of two regional conferences – one focused on trails and healthy community design, to be held in November 2018 and one focused on watershed group technical assistance and support, to be held in early 2019. Activities include leading a volunteer steering committee to identify agenda topics and speakers; as well as all components of conference logistics including contacting speakers, working with event venues and selecting catering.
• Management of event outreach and registration for both events.
• Support of conference implementation, to include event photography and publicity.
• Work closely with South Mountain Partnership Director to plan and write newsletter and website features and provide website and social media updates as needed.
• Provide support for South Mountain Partnership quarterly meetings.
The preferred candidate shall have bachelor’s degree in communications and/or natural resource management, but a candidate with similar work experience shall be considered. Applicants must demonstrate knowledge and work experience with event planning. Good oral and written communications skills and computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite and social media. This staff member should have the ability to work in a team setting within a small office environment. A valid driver’s license is also required.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume by February 16, 2018 to:
Susan Richards, Capital RC&D Area Council