New Jersey League of Conservation Voters (New Jersey LCV) and Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania (CVPA) serve as the leading political voices for the environment in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, respectively. They are both non-partisan, statewide organizations dedicated to holding elected officials accountable for their actions that impact our precious natural resources.
New Jersey LCV and CVPA seek a Social Media Strategist who will ensure both organizations meet our social media goals with a focus on elevating issues affecting and activities happening in the Delaware River Watershed. More than 100 organizations are working in the watershed to protect and improve water quality, and you will provide hands-on support and leadership to help these groups work more strategically to see greater results. You will also manage the day-to-day operations of our social media accounts, including curating and creating compelling content; coordinating with your colleagues to develop and execute plans to amplify New Jersey LCV and CVPA’s organizational priorities; helping to engage and grow our expanding list of email supporters; and collecting data and analyzing results to help us run better campaigns.
• In coordination with colleagues, ensure organizational programs and priorities are reflected on our profiles, and utilize these opportunities to maximize reach, engagement, and growth.
• Draft, design and publish regular content for our Twitter and Facebook accounts
• Monitor relevant news and conversation to inform social content and campaign strategy and illustrate our organizational priorities in real time.
• Monitor our Delaware River Watershed partners’ accounts for sharing opportunities and to encourage cross-promotion across the network.
• Create and look for opportunities to produce resources and campaigns that foster collaboration and allow partners to connect the watershed to broader state, regional, and national conversation on clean water.
• Consult with and train partners on social media best practices and free and affordable tools that can make their outreach more effective.
• Manage social media ad buys for New Jersey LCV and CVPA.
• Analyze and track results to measure both the impact of our posts and services.
• Help maintain our website and create action pages and graphics as needed.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, pay close attention to detail, take initiative and look for opportunities, and stay organized and follow-through.
• Ability to and interest in working independently as well as part of a team.
• Familiarity with Excel and digital platforms including Facebook ads, Twitter analytics, ActionSprout, and social listening tools.
• Experience with graphics and video creation and editing required.
• Strong writing skills preferred.
• A strong commitment to environmental protection is a must.
Position Requirements: This is a full-time position, and can be based in Philadelphia, PA; Trenton, NJ; or Princeton, NJ. Some driving may be required.
To apply: Please send your resume, cover letter, and recent writing sample to email@example.com with “Social Media Strategist” in the subject line by December 1.
New Jersey LCV and CVPA are equal opportunity employers. All our positions require a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.