Under the direction of the Senior Naturalist, the Naturalist Assistant is responsible for assisting Naturalists with preparing for community and school environmental education programs such as summer camp and field trips.
• Assists Naturalist(s) with preparing for environmental education classes to groups and individuals of all ages, including but not limited to classroom preparation, collecting materials and supplies, cleaning up after programs, and organization;
• assists with summer camp parking, attendance, crafts, hikes, and other programs;
• assist with maintaining office/building organization while using site, buildings and materials; and
• assist with other activities necessary to advance the mission of Wildlands Conservancy.
• minimum of age 17;
• if under age of 18 possess valid working papers;
• genuine interest in naturalist sciences, environmental education, environmental science, outdoors, conservation;
• ability to work with individuals of all ages and abilities;
• ability to work independently and within a team;
• show compassion, empathy and patience while maintaining an unwavering sense of humor;
• tolerance of inclement weather conditions;
• excellent interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor;
• ability to lift 25 pounds; and
• must possess or be willing to obtain; current CPR, First Aid and AED certification; Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151); Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Record Check (Act 34); FBI Clearance (Act 114).