The Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin (ICPRB) seeks an enthusiastic, talented problem-solver for a 1-year term position in its Aquatic Habitats unit. The position requires a level of knowledge and independence generally associated with graduate level education and work experience. The successful candidate will work with staff to:
- further develop a Chesapeake basin-wide index of biotic integrity for non-tidal stream macroinvertebrates (“Chessie” BIBI), and
- analyze long-term water quality trends for streams and rivers in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Ideal qualities include:
- a strong background in aquatic ecosystems;
- sound technical and analytical skills;
- an ability to assemble and manage databases and perform statistical analyses in R;
- experience with field work;
- an ability to integrate concepts and data from several disciplines to study ecological relationships; and
- an ability to communicate effectively and work independently.
- A PhD, or Masters of Science and at least 2-3 years experience, in a relevant field of environmental science
- Experience identifying stream macroinvertebrate taxa to family- and genus-level; taxonomic certification is desirable
- Experience working with relational databases and conducting statistical analyses (proficiency in
- MS Excel, MS Access, and R programming environment required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Available to start in October 2015
This is a 1-year term position, contingent on availability of funding, and includes benefits. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org bySeptember 1, 2015. ICPRB is an EOE.