The Department of Conservation & Natural Resources is looking for a Recreation and Conservation Advisor 2. This position serves as the project manager for a variety of natural resource, recreation, and conservation planning and development grant projects of various types, funded from various grant programs and administered by DCNR within one or more assigned geographical areas of the Commonwealth. If you are interested, apply today!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position serves within the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Bureau of Recreation and Conservation, Partnerships Division, Trails, Greenways and Statewide Planning Section. This employee works directly with the Section Chief to administer a variety of trail and partnership grant projects and that includes participating in the planning, development, coordination, review, approval and management of assigned projects. Additionally, this position supports the Trails Program Specialist with meeting Recreational Trails Program requirements and coordinates the PA Trails Advisory Committee activities.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Must meet PA residency requirement
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: One year as a Recreation and Conservation Advisor 1; OR two years of professional experience in parks, recreation, or natural resource conservation administration, planning, or development; and a bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation, landscape architecture, environmental sciences, city, regional, urban, or environmental planning, or a closely related field; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts to your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions.
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result