The Department of Conservation & Natural Resources is looking for a Recreation and Conservation Advisor 2. This position serves within the Bureau of Recreation and Conservation, Partnerships Division, Trails, Greenways and Statewide Planning Section. This position will work in the planning, development, coordination, review, approval and management of funded Recreational Trails Program projects. If you are interested apply today!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This position serves as the project manager for a variety of grant funded Recreational Trails Program projects, managing all aspects of grant projects daily to meet established goals and deadlines. This position will participate in grant planning, development, coordination, review, approval, and administration of grant projects to ensure grant programs are administered efficiently and effectively; participate in developing, presenting, and explaining policy changes in trainings and annual conferences; track equipment purchases and prepare annual reports; and perform any other special projects or duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
One year as a Recreation and Conservation Advisor 1; OR two years of professional experience in parks, recreation, or natural resource conservation administration, planning, or development; and a bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation, landscape architecture, environmental sciences, city, regional, urban, or environmental planning, or a closely related field; OR an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. If you are provided directions to upload transcripts during the application process but you cannot currently obtain them due to the temporary educational institution closures, please upload the official response from your institution regarding your request. In addition, if asked to provide transcripts for specific coursework, e.g., 12 credits in social science, you may upload a list of completed courses you believe are qualifying in place of the transcripts. The list must include the name of the school(s), course titles completed with a passing grade, and number of credits for each course. Once you receive a copy of your transcripts, you may send the document(s) and the specific job title and job number to which you applied to email@example.com. If selected for a position, you may be required to provide an official transcript to verify educational requirements.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity. Must be able to perform essential job functions.
Work hours – Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with 1 hour lunch. (37.5 hours/week)
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or: (1)score may be lower than deserved, (2) application processing may be delayed, (3)disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided