Position SummaryThis position is part of the outreach team of the Office of Sustainability in the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), focusing on developing partnerships to support DEP’s programs related to a wide range of environmental topics, including energy efficiency and renewable energy, tree and forest protection and enhancement, waste reduction and pollution prevention, sustainable business practices, and other sustainability topics. The selected individual will develop direct relationships with residential organizations, business groups, non-profit entities, and others to identify partners in the development, delivery, and utilization of DEP’s sustainability-related activities. The successful candidate must have the ability to work in a collaborative environment within a large organization with multiple priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Identifying appropriate audiences to target for potential partnership opportunities, focusing on both partners that can help DEP deliver programs (including grant providers) and those that utilize DEP’s programs and services.
2. Communicating in-person or electronically with the identified partners to understand their capabilities and/or needs.
3. Working with other outreach staff and technical program managers to (a) utilize the potential support the partner can provide or (b) tailor program offerings or outreach and education materials to address the needs of the partner.
4. This position requires the ability to attend meetings or perform work at locations outside the office. Occasional weekend and evening work may be required.
Minimum QualificationsCandidates must have experience communicating to, and fostering partnerships, with groups and organizations of different types. Experience in environmental programs and a passion for environmental issues, while not a requirement, is a plus. Candidates must have excellent oral, written, and presentation-based communication experience, including the ability to present complex and technical concepts to a general audience.
1. Experience: Considerable (3 years) of professional experience in partnership development activities.
2. Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree.
3. Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education or experience may be substituted.
Salary Range: $56,669 – $93,863 in addition to competitive benefits.
ApplicationsTo view the complete job announcement and to apply, please visit our website and then click on “Apply Now.”
• Interested candidates must create an account in order to submit a resume.
• The requisition number is IRC24654
• This Recruitment Closes April 13, 2017
All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position, which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the *Helpful Hints when Applying for Jobs* on the Office of Human Resource’s “Apply Now” webpage for important information about the County’s application requirements and process.