- Assist with preparing and submitting grants.
- Lead both teacher and student tours of abandoned mine drainage passive treatment systems and other water quality and conservation sites.
- Work to build the capacity of Schuylkill Headwaters.
- Assist with planning annual activities such as the Bear Creek Festival, tree plantings, and trash cleanups.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
About the Schuylkill Headwaters Association (SHA): The SHA was founded in 1997 with the mission “to promote the environmental integrity of the Schuylkill River, its tributaries and the watershed that lies within the boundaries of Schuylkill County.” The SHA works to protect and enhance the headwaters of the Schuylkill River by educating residents about the Schuylkill River and by implementing projects to reduce and control pollution.
How to apply: please contact Alexa Kramer at email@example.com or 570-640-8896 for more details about the position and/or how to apply for the position.
For more information: please visit http://nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista or http://www.osmrevista.org