FUNCTION: Responsible for the supervision of Conservancy operations through coordination with internal staff and serves as the conduit for Conservancy information externally to the departments of Finance, Development, Marketing, and Facilities. Tasks include budget oversight and tracking; contract review and deadline management; coordination between departments; and regularly collecting and synthesizing quantitative and qualitative information. Keep an eye on multiple areas within the Conservancy, assuring productivity and efficiency while seeking to reduce costs. The position will also involve assisting and coordinating with staff regarding event planning and education programs, as needed.
FUNCTIONS: 1. Serves as the primary advisor to the Director of the Conservancy on financial and budgetary matters at the Conservancy. Coordinates directly with the Finance office to provide information, participate in budget management, and report the status to the Director. Facilitates the transfer of information between Conservancy staff and Finance office.
2. Coordinates with the Conservancy Associate Directors and Managers in management of staff hours, deadlines, and annual budget planning.
3. Works directly with the Grants Manager in the Development office to facilitate project budgets and timelines, updates from Conservancy staff and Finance, as requested. Includes review of existing and proposed budgets; assistance in tracking staff time and expenses; and supplying requested information for reporting.
4. Works directly with Conservancy staff to coordinate billable work, including but not limited to: contract review, budget creation, oversight of staff commitments, etc.
5. Assists in coordinating and organizing environmental education, events, marketing and fundraising tasks within the Conservancy.
6. Coordinates with the Facilities and IT departments regarding requests for maintenance, repairs, and problems.
7. Responsible for coordination with outside vendors for supplies and/or necessary items for Conservancy-specific events, programs, etc.
8. Data entry for the tracking of timesheets or expenses.
9. Performs administrative and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business or Budget Management, or similar field of expertise, with five or more years of relevant experience required, preferably in a non-profit environment
2. Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
3. Experience with time-tracking and billing software and relational databases.
4. Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and discretion.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Positive and energetic attitude. Self motivated.
6. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software suite.
7. Ability to devote such time as required to perform assigned functions.
8. Ability to learn and understand Conservancy programs.
9. Available transportation to and from work and assignments.