Natural Lands is a non-profit organization that saves open space, cares for nature, and connects people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. We’ve been at it since the early 1950s and, today, more than 2.5 million people live within five miles of lands under our permanent protection.
Natural Lands is pleased to announce an open position in our Conservation Services Department. The Land Protection Project Manager II (LPPM) will join the Natural Lands’ Land Protection team engaged primarily in land and easement acquisitions. The LPPM will serve as a key project assistant to senior land protection staff and will complete portions of each project as assigned. Additional duties include monitoring of conservation easements, grant program administration and conservation planning. They will assist with grant and report writing and compilation, ArcGIS mapping, GPS data collection, plant identification, and meeting logistics.
The successful candidate will have:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail;
• Willingness to assist and work with a wide variety of people;
• A demonstrated enthusiastic and positive attitude;
• A passion for land conservation;
• Bachelor’s Degree in ecology/biology, planning/landscape architecture, or a related field, with five to seven years’ work experience in land conservation and/or planning or a Master’s Degree and three year’s or related experience.
• Skills Desired:
o GPS field work, ArcGIS Desktop
o Photoshop, CAD and/or SketchUp, or similar technology
o Working knowledge of common mid-Atlantic plant assemblages
Join the staff at the beautiful Natural Lands’ headquarters on the Hildacy Preserve in Media, Pennsylvania. Natural Lands does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, members, visitors, partner organizations and clients.