Based in Hawley, Pennsylvania (with field offices in Bethel, New York and Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania) the Delaware Highlands Conservancy is an accredited land trust dedicated to conserving the natural heritage and quality of life in the Upper Delaware River region in partnership with the region’s landowners and communities. This region encompasses Sullivan and Delaware Counties, New York as well as Pike and Wayne Counties, Pennsylvania. Established in 1994, the Conservancy has helped to protect more than 15,000 acres throughout the region.
The Conservancy is seeking a full-time professional to work with our conservation programs team to identify, guide, and manage conservation acquisition land transactions in New York and Pennsylvania.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years experience in the conservation field
- Experience writing conservation easements
- Passion for the environment
- Familiarity with land protection tools
- A college degree in a relevant field of study
- Computer proficiency (including some experience with GPS data collection and ESRI ArcGIS mapping software)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, along with strong detail orientation and verbal communication, organizational and time management skills.
Salary is dependent upon experience. Benefits include medical coverage, eligibility for retirement savings match, paid days off, ten paid holidays, and other benefits provided.
Position is open until filled.
Delaware Highlands Conservancy, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All decisions with respect to hiring are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, or disability. Decisions are made solely upon the basis of qualifications as related to the requirements of the job.
For more information on the Conservancy, please visit us online at www.delawarehighlands.org