Natural Lands is a non-profit organization that saves open space, cares for nature, and connects people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. We’ve been at it since the early 1950s and, today, more than 2.5 million people live within five miles of lands under our permanent protection.
Located in Villanova, PA, Stoneleigh: a natural garden is a 42-acre former private estate that opened as the Philadelphia area’s newest public garden in May of 2018. The Horticulturist’s primary role is to assist in the design, installation and maintenance of garden landscapes and natural areas. He or she will also be required to perform, as needed, any and all additional tasks necessary for the continued development of Stoneleigh.
The successful candidate:
• Must possess general horticulture and gardening knowledge;
• Must be passionate about horticulture and native plants;
• Flexible when dealing with changes in work plans;
• Must be comfortable engaging the general public;
• Highly motivated, responsible, reliable and dependable;
• Must carry out tasks in a professional manner and have an aptitude for injecting positive energy and good humor into the work day;
• Must show a willingness to perform subordinate tasks such as clean-up;
• Must be available to work weekends on a rotational basis as well as some evenings and holidays.