About us: PennFuture is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization leading the transition to a clean energy economy in Pennsylvania. We are protecting our air, water and land, and empowering citizens to build sustainable communities for future generations.
Job Description: Green in 18 Organizer (3 positions – Eastern PA; Central PA; Western PA)
PennFuture’s “Green in 18” program will increase the visibility of environmental issues in the 2018 election. The three (3) organizer positions will recruit volunteers, teach them to discuss key environmental issues, build and maintain relationships with PennFuture constituents, and represent PennFuture’s positions to the general public in three strategic regions of the state. The positions will require evening and weekend work, as well as access to a car.
The key mission of the campaign will be to harness and highlight the significant public support that exists for these vital issues and to ensure that candidates for elected office can clearly see that support. The organizers will expand PennFuture’s engagement with key constituencies around the Commonwealth, leverage existing relationships, and provide support for the rest of the organizations outreach activities in consultation and collaboration with the Director of Outreach and staff.
• Report to the Green in 18 Campaign Manager;
• Coordinate and consult with PennFuture’s Director of Communication and staff;
• Expand volunteer recruitment and manage their engagement in the campaign;
• Coordinating field canvasses and phone banks;
• Running voter registration drives;
• Planning and executing rallies and education events;
• Meeting with community leaders and community outreach to local and partner organizations;
• Organize and facilitate meetings and events;
• Craft campaign e-mails, action alerts, website content, blog and social media posts in consultation with the Director of Communication and Press Secretary;
• Draft, edit, and submit letters to the editor and other opinion pieces;
• 1-5 years of experience in political campaigns, volunteer management, canvassing and/or phone banking preferred.
• Self-starter able to work remotely with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and comfort with public speaking.
• Excellent social media skills.
• Enthusiasm for environmental protection.
• Driver License and access to a vehicle.
• Familiarity with non-profit organizations is preferred though not required.
• Experience with VAN/Salsa/EveryAction is a plus.
Location, Compensation, and Timeline:
Three positions are available. One each in Eastern PA, Central PA, and Western PA. Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health care, dental, and reduced paid time off (not eligible for severance). The three positions are full-time grant or contract funded positions that are grant dependent.
Legal Disclosure. PennFuture is an equal opportunity employer and a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. All activities undertaken during the Green in 18 campaign must fully comply with all applicable state and federal laws for tax exempt organizations.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to email@example.com. Please write “Green in 18 Organizer” in the subject line. The application deadline is December 12, 2017.