SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Executive Director (ED) directs and manages the Pocono Heritage Land Trust (based in Stroudsburg, PA). The ED is responsible for the planning and implementation of a comprehensive land conservation program and securing the necessary financial resources from foundations, businesses, and individuals, as well as grants from public sources.
The ED reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors to create and implement short- and long-term strategic plans.
• Provide strategic leadership and vision for the Pocono Heritage Land Trust to achieve its conservation goals in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
• Work with the Board of Directors to establish and achieve fundraising goals.
• Responsible for community outreach and public education programs.
• Manage communication strategies to sustain and increase public awareness and support of Pocono Heritage Land Trust.
• Oversee and direct day-to-day operations of Pocono Heritage Land Trust.
• Make operational and programmatic decisions within budget, plans and policies.
• Act as the point of contact/ face for the Land Trust.
• Represent Pocono Heritage Land Trust professionally in the community in ways that promote public understanding of and support for the work of the Land Trust.
• Provide guidance and open space services to local municipalities, open space committees and the county.
• Cultivate cooperative working relationships with the Board, volunteers, businesses, educational institutions, landowners, government agencies and other entities.
• Direct land protection efforts and work to complete major conservation projects – coordinate with the acquisition committee on conservation projects.
• Oversee the management and stewardship of PHLT protected properties.
• Build and support partnerships with other like-minded conservation organizations and with public agencies.
• Ensure that clear and open communications are created and maintained with the Board of Directors, staff and members.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• College degree, preferably in conservation and/or business field
• Experience in non-profit management and finances
• Excellent communication skills in all media
• Proficient computer skills in a wide range of applications
• Passion for conserving the natural environment
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision