• Engage and collaborate with colleagues throughout the
organization to develop and meet strategic and annual
work plan goals for foundation and corporate fundraising.
• Implement foundation and corporate fundraising strategies
—including grant and sponsorship research; proposal,
solicitation, and report production; and donor stewardship
(communication, acknowledgment, and relationship
• Manage annual reporting for individual donors who have
made significant campaign, endowment, or other project-
Foundation and Corporate Fundraising
• Establish three-year strategic plan as well as annual grant
fundraising goals to advance Natural Lands program
priorities; develop and monitor budgets and reports to
stay on track.
• Maintain the organization’s current pipeline of foundation
and corporate funders; research new prospects to broaden
grant and sponsorship opportunities
• Develop grant proposals that advance strategic plan and
budgeted priorities; coordinate with colleagues in multiple
departments to submit proposals and reports.
• Develop bundled and multi-year opportunities for
corporate event sponsorship.
• Leverage Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax
Credit (EITC) to increase corporate funding for Natural
Lands’ engagement and educational programs.
• Work with colleagues in the Communications and
Engagement Department to maximize synergies between
corporate volunteerism, philanthropy, and investment.
Foundation and Corporate Relationship Management
• Emphasize person-to-person relationship management—a
hallmark of the organization’s culture.
• Take primary responsibility for managing foundation and
corporate relationships—including oversight of
solicitations, acknowledgments, ongoing donor
stewardship, and visits. Maintain foundation and corporate
donor records and files.
• Compose personal and third-party grant and sponsorship
acknowledgement letters as well as other routine
• Work with organizational leadership (including the
President, Vice Presidents, and members of the Board of
Trustees and President’s Council) to advance and steward
foundation and corporate relationships.
• Coordinate with the Communications and Engagement
Department to leverage publications, e-newsletters, social
media, and other communications in support of
foundation and corporate relationship advancement.
• Create and/or capitalize on dedicated events and learning
opportunities for corporate and foundation donors.
Individual Gift Stewardship Reporting
• Work closely with the Vice President of Development to
manage an annual gift reporting work plan for individuals
who have supported Natural Lands at leadership gift levels
or through a campaign.
• Leverage foundation grant report content for individual
gift stewardship reports, and vice-versa.
• Create stewardship reports (including narrative, financial
summary, and illustration) that enable individual donors to
appreciate the ongoing impact and value of their
leadership or campaign investment.
• Assist Development Department colleagues with donor
cultivation events, Stardust (the organization’s annual
fundraising event), and a range of leadership meetings;
participate in events as required.
• Read, network, and attend professional meetings to stay
informed about best grant writing practices and other
foundation and corporate fundraising trends.
• Perform duties and responsibilities as directed by the Vice
President of Development.
• Strong interest in conservation and Natural Lands’ mission.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum five to seven years of experience in grant writing,
corporate sponsorship, and donor stewardship reporting.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in non-profit case-making; demonstrated ability
to communicate organizational or institutional priorities;
track record of attracting support.
• Easy ability to make internal and external connections
• Capacity to work productively and amicably in an
organization-wide team environment.
• A talent managing-up (particularly senior staff and
• Affinity for learning about and assisting with other
Development Department fundraising and relationship
• Proficiency in word processing and computer databases;
ability to learn specific database software and to analyze
and utilize database information; knowledge of
Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge or similar fund-raising software
To Apply: Send a resume and letter of interest to Jeni Albany, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org