The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 60 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, our mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the Pennsylvania team! This position will play a leadership role in overseeing strategies to conserve forest and aquatic habitats and systems, address the impacts of energy development and climate change, and empower nature in cities.
We are looking for a proven leader capable of defining Conservancy roles; building effective partnerships with public agencies and private organizations; developing capacity for and delivering science, strategic planning, and policy advocacy; and playing a major role in communicating the Conservancy’s work and fundraising to support that work. The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
• BA/BS degree and 10 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Fundraising experience, including identifying donor prospects and donor cultivation.
• Experience directing a major program or project of strategic importance, including management/supervision of multi-disciplinary teams and meeting deadlines.
• Experience working with current trends and practices in relevant discipline(s) and geographic regions.
• Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives, and managing performance.
• Experience developing partnerships (NGOs, communities, businesses, governments).
• Experience influencing, developing, and implementing conservation policy and plans.
• Experience with financial oversight and management of project and program budgets.
Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide. With the support of more than one million members, the Conservancy addresses the most pressing threats to our natural world. Through strategic partnerships, we are expanding the impact of our work, finding creative ways to fund that bigger vision, and building long-term relationships with communities, government agencies, and businesses in order to conserve natural resources at a new scale.
If you have a personal passion for conserving and protecting the natural world with a belief in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancy’s approach to conservation, please visit http://www.nature.org/careers to learn more. Submit your cover letter and resume for position number 45357 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday, May 15th, 2017. Please note that the position’s preferred location is Harrisburg, PA (but we will consider other locations in Pennsylvania).
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by
the leadership and contributions of people of all genders, diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and culture.