SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Communications and Marketing Staff
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Willistown Conservation Trust is seeking a candidate for the full-time position of Director of Communications and Marketing (DCM). With more than 7,200 acres conserved, the Trust works to protect the remaining open space in the Willistown area while also engaging a local, regional and national audience through its vibrant Community Farm, Bird Conservation, Research and Education, Habitat Restoration and Watershed Protection programs. The primary responsibility of the DCM is to develop, manage, and maintain an integrated multi-platform communications and marketing program in order to advance the Trust’s institutional brand and to inspire broad support for its mission.
The DCM serves as the manager for all communications initiatives, directing and overseeing the creation and production of all content. The DCM also manages organization-wide support for information technology needs.
Working closely with program and administrative staff, the DCM will:
• Develop, execute and direct a communications and branding strategy which creates consistent messaging across all channels to include mail, website, email, hard copy publications, social media and events, etc;
• Plan, create, edit and produce all regular newsletter publications to include The Leaflet and The Sycamore;
• Collaborate on the design and production of all communications materials, including invitations, email marketing, brochures, logos, banners, program books, etc.;
• Oversee the design and execution of social media content through multi-channel platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter);
• Manage Trust’s website to assure that it is current, vibrant, and representative of all Trust activities, working with outside consultants as needed;
• Coordinate and manage annual Communications and Outreach calendars;
• Establish and maintain partnerships and contacts with both print and digital media sources to promote the work of the Trust;
• Function as institutional spokesperson and serve as the Trust’s primary contact with the media;
• Regularly analyze the effectiveness of all Trust engagement and communications strategies and adjust as needed; and
• Manage all network, hardware, and software needs utilizing a combination of in-house staff and outside information technology consultants;
• Minimum of undergraduate degree plus 7 years of communications, marketing or similar experience;
• Minimum 3 years experience leading a creative team;
• Demonstrated success designing and implementing communications strategy across all channels;
• Experience or familiarity with information technology management for small non-profit or business;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software;
• Proficiency with web content management platforms such as WordPress;
• Experience with email marketing software, such as Constant Contact or MailChimp; and
• Compelling artistic point of view as demonstrated via a graphics and social media portfolio (portfolio samples or link required).
• Strong commitment to the Willistown Conservation Trust mission;
• Ability to lead a team as well as to work as an individual contributor;
• Excellent communication skills including strong writing and public speaking abilities;
• Ability to think creatively and strategically;
• Excellent organizational skills, thoroughness and attention to detail; and
• Familiarity with the Trust programs and its constituency is a plus.
Hours: Approximately 40 hours/week (occasional weekends and evenings)
Salary: This is a senior management position. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Excellent benefits package including health, retirement, paid holidays and vacation days.
Willistown Conservation Trust is a non-smoking, dog-friendly work environment.