December 22, 2016
Manada Conservancy is a land trust dedicated to preserving the natural, historic, agricultural and scenic resources of Dauphin County through land conservation, environmental education and community engagement.
Manada Conservancy is seeking a Development Director to develop a portfolio of fundraising activities appropriate to the size, mission, and composition of the organization. The Development Director will lead the organization’s fundraising initiatives; establish a major gifts program, planned giving opportunities for donors, fundraising events, membership and other special campaigns.
The Development Director position is part-time, 20 hours per week. The Development Director works under the guidance of the Executive Director and in consultation with the Board of Directors.
• Identify and pursue grants and other opportunities to raise funds for general operations
• Create and implement major gifts and planned giving programs
• Work with the Board of Directors to identify appropriate fundraising activities
• Help to identify and engage potential donors (individual and corporate)
• Assist with increasing the Conservancy’s membership base
• Construct annual reports
• Plan and execute events
• Design materials and communications for fundraising initiatives
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety of individuals; staff, Board members, community partners, Manada members, donors and volunteers.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Organized, self-motivated, attentive to details, and responsive to deadlines
• Experience in securing funding for non-profit organization(s) is highly desired
• Knowledge of WordPress and various forms of social media is highly desired
• An interest in conservation and Manada Conservancy’s mission
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Application deadline is January 31, 2017.
PO Box 25
Hummelstown, PA 17036
(717) 566-4122 firstname.lastname@example.org