Mission Statement: The Lancaster County Conservancy exists because clean air, fresh water and wild places are vital to every generation.
General Description of Duties
The Development Associate supports the development and administrative activities of the Lancaster County Conservancy through accurate and timely database management, event support, grant management, as well as research and other administrative jobs as assigned. With a focus on managing a database of donors, researching potential contributors and doing project management around special events, this position is also an administrative generalist with the opportunity to learn and grow with a wide range of learning opportunities.
This position reports to the Development Director/Manager
We are seeking candidates who excels in database management, and are highly organized and detail-oriented. You should have:
• A minimum of two years of experience working in either fundraising or an office administrative capacity
• Basic knowledge of fundraising best practices
• Excellent in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Proficiency with donor database software required and experience with Salesforce a plus.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to problem solve, and detail oriented
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks and responsibilities and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a variety of audiences both in writing and in speech
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, maintain self-motivation
Minimum 2-year Associate Degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Database Management –
• Be primary lead in management of Salesforce database including coordination of updates, data input, clean-up and coordination with other users in the organization.
• Ensures data integrity and accuracy for data entry, queries and reports, and data analysis, for fund development, including documenting relationships, encounters, prospects, etc.
• Manage all aspects of gift accounting, including gift entry, gift & pledge processing, gift acknowledgement, bookkeeping, payroll, payments and invoicing.
• Manage and input data input from research surveys from organization clients and query and run appropriate reports
• Work closely with Development Manager to complete data collection worksheets and program monthly outcome based evaluation (OBE) reports.
• Runs various regular and special reports from Salesforce, queries and data-driven informational reports at the request of the rest of the staff.
Special Events/Projects Coordination
• Collaborate with staff in the planning, coordination and implementation of organizational events (i.e., community and program special events, fundraising events).
• Assist with negotiations for vendor contracts, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, and ensure appropriate décor to meet the quality expectations of the organization.
• Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for events for organization-wide events, such as the fall luncheon.
• Handle all administrative details associated with committee meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, make reminder calls, etc.).
• Maintain and update contact lists, phone trees, and sign-in sheets for community groups for program staff.
• Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
• Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
• Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
• Perform general administrative duties as assigned
• Track grants through the database and complete reports as required.
• Provide grants administration as required by Directors.
The individual must exhibit a pleasant and welcoming demeanor both in person and on the telephone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some evening and weekend work hours required at various times throughout the year in particular supporting the Conservancy’s annual events. PA Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance required upon offer of employment.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret correspondence and documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires and complaints. Ability to write a business letter with the correct style, structure and spelling. Efficiently handle all written correspondence by e-mail and letters.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must hold a valid Pennsylvania Drivers license. Musts be committed to accuracy and be organized and neat, and able to manage confidential information.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job including close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Submit cover letter, resume and specific wage/salary requirements to Lancaster County Conservancy to email@example.com.