Natural Lands is a non-profit organization that saves open space, cares for nature, and connects people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. We’ve been at it since the early 1950s and, today, more than 2.5 million people live within five miles of lands under our permanent protection.
Natural Lands is pleased to announce an open position in our Conservation Services Department. The Conservation Project Manager will serve multiple roles within the department. As a land protection project manager, he/she manages or assists managers in land and conservation easement acquisitions. He/she will also manage or assist managers in completing community and other open space planning projects. Additionally, this position provides assistance to all project managers in Conservation Services through assistance with report writing and compilation, GIS analysis and cartography, GPS data collection, plant identification, and meeting logistics.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in ecology/biology, planning/landscape architecture, or a related field with three to five years’ work experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Knowledge of land transactions and an understanding of land planning principles and techniques
• Ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail, along with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience using ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Online, Microsoft Office programs, knowledge of PhotoShop is a plus
• Field experience with GPS equipment
• Working knowledge of common mid-Atlantic plant assemblages desired
• Willingness and ability to assist and work with a wide variety of people
• Self-starter capable of working independently with a minimum of supervision
• A demonstrated enthusiastic and positive attitude
• A passion for land conservation and providing quality service
Join the staff at the beautiful Natural Lands’ headquarters on the Hildacy Preserve in Media, Pennsylvania.