Anacostia Riverkeeper, Inc. is seeking a qualified, passionate, highly motivated individual to fill the position of the Anacostia RIVERKEEPER. The Anacostia Riverkeeper is primarily responsible for developing and implementing programs that limit pollution from the waters of the Anacostia River watershed, educating the public on water quality issues and best practices, and increasing public awareness of the Anacostia River as a community resource to be valued and protected. The full-time position reports directly to the Board of Directors of the Anacostia RIVERKEEPER, Inc. and the President.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a thorough understanding of environmental and regulatory issues that affect water quality
- Possess Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be Proficient in MS Office Suite and advanced in online communication tools
- A degree in environmental science or a related field is a plus, but is not required
- Be comfortable operating watercraft
- Have excellent organization and time management skills. Have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Work independently with little direction from others
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Have an understanding of the importance of urban rivers
Please Send Resume with Statement of Interest and Salary Expectations to:email@example.com.