LandStudies was founded in 1989 with the sole mission to preserve the environment by understanding and working with natural systems instead of artificially controlling them. Over the past 25 years, LandStudies has assessed over 200 square miles of watersheds, created over 60 acres of wetlands, restored over 13 miles of streams and floodplains, and planted over 700 acres of forested riparian buffers and over 100 acres of native meadows.
SummaryLandStudies is seeking a Water Resources Engineer or Surveyor that is passionate about streams or wetlands and an interest in alternative stormwater BMP design.
Position Description• Land development projects including permitting and stormwater analysis.
• Project management for select projects and provide support to other project managers for stream assessments, floodplain restoration design and permitting, stormwater management design, and related projects.
• Design and produce plans in AutoCAD Civil 3D is necessary and MicroStation V8i is strongly desired.
• Field assessments, surveys, reduction of survey data, production of concept and construction drawings, assessment reports, design reports and permitting as well as other related tasks.
Education and/or Experience Desired• Bachelors and/or Master Degree in a related field (Civil Engineering, Agricultural and Biological
Engineering, Surveying or equivalent)
• Actively pursuing or Current PE, PLS registration
• Three-Six years of experience in land development (or demonstrated competency in a similar field)
• Additional training in H&H, NPDES permitting, E&S Plan Preparation, Stormwater and Pollutant Modeling and CAD will be strongly considered
• Experience with MDSHA will be strongly considered
Additional Skills Required for the Position• Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers and clients in a clear and professional manner.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical reports, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write technical reports independently.
• Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Proficient with MS Office, AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation V8i preferred. HEC-RAS and TR-20 abilities desired with the aptitude to learn and apply new software applications.
Compensation• Salary will be commensurate with experience and training
• Benefits package includes PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental coverage, and 401K with company match.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Andrew@LandStudies.com