OverviewClearWater Conservancy is the foremost land trust and conservation organization nestled in the heart of central Pennsylvania. Since 1980, ClearWater has worked to improve and protect the natural resources of central Pennsylvania for all through land conservation, water resource protection, and environmental outreach to the community. Learn more about our work at www.clearwaterconservancy.org.
ClearWater strives to create a fun, inspiring, and family–friendly work environment with flexible work hours and a team-oriented structure.
Responsibilities:The Strategic Communications Coordinator develops and implements ClearWater’s marketing and communications plans to inspire and engage a growing constituency for conservation. The ideal candidate is a skilled nonprofit communicator who can create an inclusive and welcoming persona for the organization and who can develop materials and capture stories that foster community and donor support. A demonstrated ability to learn new communications strategies and remain current on nonprofit communication and fundraising trends is essential; as is experience with managing a comprehensive and integrated strategic communications and marketing plan to advance our mission.
● Transition ClearWater Conservancy into a storytelling organization, highlighting our stories of conservation and impact to expand our audience and demonstrate the relevance of our work to the community and our donors.
● Ensure articulation of ClearWater’s desired messaging, image, and position through consistent internal and external communications.
● Develop and implement a comprehensive and successful marketing, communications, and public relations program that will enhance ClearWater’s image and position within the community. Determine ways to measure that success.
● Create and coordinate ClearWater’s marketing, communications, and public relations activities and materials, including print design and production, online social media, monthly e-news, annual report, fundraising publications, direct mail, advertising, web content development, and event emails, plus other aspects of marketing and fundraising as needed.
● Responsible for editorial design, production, and distribution of all ClearWater publications and outreach materials including website, membership and donor materials and displays.
● Manage utilization of online tools and technologies across the organization.
● Manage day to day communications, create relevant editorial calendars, and plan and execute long-term strategic communication initiatives.
● Help prepare talking points, presentations, and support materials as needed for a variety of audiences.
● Work with Executive Director to determine annual marketing / communications budget and plan.
● Work with Events Coordinator to successfully communicate, market, and promote events.
● Manage photo archive.
● Prioritize, create, and place all advertising based on annual budget.
● Develop print and digital promotional materials for events and oversee dissemination to members and community through appropriate outreach channels.
● Help meet and surpass annual operating and special projects financial goals through strategic marketing and donor strategies.
● Work closely with the Executive Director to help design annual giving appeals and online giving strategies.
● Assist Executive Director and senior staff in writing grants and donor solicitations. Help prepare grant applications and reports which include tracking of project success.
● Encourage donor-centered cultivation and appreciation across the organization to foster the increase of donor support and retention.
● Work closely with staff, volunteers, and Board to foster a welcoming and respected community institution.
● Keep current on aspects of CWC’s programs and strategic priorities.
● Other priorities as outlined by the Executive Director.
Professional QualificationsBackground in communications, marketing, public relations, or development with demonstrated success. A commitment to serving the greater public interest through conservation is a must. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written, verbal, public speaking, and social media are required. Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills desired. Must be focused and possess superior attention to detail and the desire to build consensus on collaborative projects. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends. Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; must be a team player and strategic thinker. Ability to multi-task and provide strategic decision making in a team setting. Must be able to work in a small office setting under pressure with good humor and grace. Prior experience with development or fundraising and outreach programs for a small, growing organization is a plus. Candidate must have a valid PA driver’s license, clean driving record, and a reliable personal vehicle for transportation to and from work, meetings and events.
Application Instructions: Email cover letter, resume, salary requirements and an example of your writing in one PDF document with your full name in the file name to Deb Nardone at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 12th.
Equal Employment Opportunity
ClearWater Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability as set forth by applicable state and federal laws. In addition, laws regarding veteran or military status are observed. This commitment is reflected in all our practices and policies regarding hiring, training, promotions, rates of pay, layoff, and other forms of compensation. All matters relating to employment are based upon ability to perform the job as well as dependability and reliability once hired.