The Delaware Highlands Conservancy is an accredited land trust dedicated to conserving the natural heritage and quality of life in the Upper Delaware River region in partnership with the region’s landowners and communities. This region encompasses Sullivan and Delaware Counties, New York as well as Pike and Wayne Counties, Pennsylvania.
The Conservancy seeks a full-time Stewardship Associate to work with property owners and our partners to conserve land in Pennsylvania and New York.
The ideal candidate will have two years of experience in the conservation field, passion for the environment, computer proficiency including experience with GPS data collection and ESRI ArcGIS mapping software.
Although there is an outdoor component, this is primarily a relationship building position so strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
The candidate must be able to work independently as well as in a team. Excellent organizational, attention to detail and time management skills.
The Stewardship Associate will work in both the Bethel NY and Hawley PA office. Approximately a quarter of the time will be spent outdoors in the field, walking properties with landowners. Travel throughout the region is required. Some weekend work. Flexible hours, 36 hour work week and generous benefits package are offered.
• Coordinate annual monitoring visits of all protected properties. Work with the landowner and a volunteer, walk property, note changes, answer questions and document concerns.
• Inventory and document existing conditions on newly protected properties.
• Assist Stewardship coordinator with stewardship questions from landowners.
• Coordinate volunteers for monitoring, office administrative support and eagle programming.
• Assist with development and implementation of landowner and stewardship educational events.
For more information on the Conservancy, please visit us online at www.delawarehighlands.org.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Sue Currier, Executive Director
Delaware Highlands Conservancy
P.O. Box 218
Hawley, PA 18428
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Stewardship Associate