The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay seeks a part-time, seasonal fall intern to assist with our Trees for Sacred Places program throughout the state of Maryland. This is a part-time, fall 2015 position.Â Deadline to apply is October 1, 2015.
The goal of this project will be to support the needs of the Trees for Sacred Places program. The intern will assist the Maryland staff team in its ongoing efforts to plant trees at Houses of Worship throughout Maryland.Â This is an opportunity to gain experience in implementing large and small acreage tree plantings (including design and setup) and all ages volunteer coordination. The intern will work primarily in the field, but also in our Annapolis office. The internship is ideal for students, particularly those in the environmental science field.
The Intern will assist Alliance program staff:
- Weekend Tree Plantings (throughout Maryland) and site setup (opportunities up to 2 days per week)
- Conduct site visits to assess areas for tree plantings
- Production of Planting and Maintenance Plans
- Other projects as needed by the Maryland program staff
- Ability to take direction and to lead a group of volunteers
- Knowledge of GIS (preferred)
- Strong interest in environmental and social issues
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Work well in groups and keep calm and positive in high energy situations
- Creative thinker
- Must have own car and be able to drive to Baltimore, Annapolis and other parts of Maryland.
- Physical requirements â Applicants must be able to lift and carry objects up 50 pounds andÂ able to stand and walk for extended periods, sometimes through rough terrain
Contract Period & Hours:
15-20 hours/week for 7 weeks (negotiable)
Salary & Benefits:
This is an unpaid internship without benefits. Gas mileage and tolls are reimbursable.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter, brief resume and 1 reference to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, October 1, 2015. Include Tree Planting Intern in subject line. No phone calls, please.
Closing Date: 10/01/2015