Chesapeake Environmental Communications (CEC) is an environmental consulting firm specializing in connecting science to decision-making processes. We do this by developing broadly understandable science content, custom tools and visualizations, and strategic project management and facilitation. Our work focuses on coastal and ocean resource management, environmental education, and eco and heritage tourism in the mid-Atlantic region and beyond. Our clients include the federal government, state and local governments, NGOs, private industry, and academic institutions.
We are looking for a motivated Science Communicator/Analyst to join our growing team. This individual will assist our principal staff in project management and execution, as well as business development. They will be required to synthesize, interpret, and communicate scientific information and prepare reports on findings; work and communicate with a wide range of audiences; and manage multiple projects, including staffing, workloads, and finances under deadlines. The successful applicant must be a self-motivated, dynamic and creative thinker, with the ability to communicate effectively through content and graphic development.
This position offers the opportunity to delve into key environmental issues, including climate change and sea level rise, water quality, habitat restoration and protection, fisheries management, and more. The successful applicant will be able to work with regional experts and leaders to produce solutions and products that carry long-term implications for restoration, protection and education.
This is a full-time position located within either our Gloucester or Richmond, Virginia offices, depending on the geographic preference of the successful candidate. Necessary hardware and software will be provided by CEC. We offer competitive benefit and retirement plans. CEC also supports our employees through ongoing professional development and networking opportunities.
To be considered for this position, candidates must meet the following basic qualifications:
• Masters degree in biology, environmental science, or communications preferred but others considered;
• 3-5 years experience working in coastal or marine science, management, or education;
• Experience developing detailed proposals and technical reports;
• Project management and facilitation experience, including strategic meeting preparation and support, team coordination, progress reports, and financial reporting;
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; and
• Competence using Excel, Access, and other MS Office suite applications as well as graphic design and page layout using Adobe suite.
Other knowledge and skills sought, but not required, include:
• Creative communication product development, specifically short videos, graphic design, online tools, presentations, etc.;
• Web programming, specifically using and maintaining WordPress sites;
• Geographic Information Systems (GIS); and
• Statistical analysis
To apply, please submit a current resume and cover letter detailing your experience, qualifications, and salary requirements, along with contact information for at least three professional references to Dave Jasinski via email to Info@ChesapeakeData.com with the subject line: Communicator Analyst Position.
Applications are requested by May 15, 2016, however, this position will remain open until filled.