MUNICIPAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM INTERNSHIP
The Brandywine Conservancy announces the availability of an internship with its Municipal Assistance Program (MAP). The MAP Intern will assist our staff of nine in a variety of projects and tasks related to local land planning and conservation, reforestation, trail planning, mapping, and database creation. The intern will focus on the monitoring and assessment of our Community Reforestation Projects and may support event planning and organization of our first-ever Brandywine Bike Ride. Applicants should have an academic background in land planning, architecture, geography, forestry, ecology and/or natural sciences. He or she should be well-organized and able to work jointly or independently with a positive, energetic attitude.
– Monitor and assess existing Community Reforestation sites
– Assist with event planning for the Brandywine Bike Ride
– Assist with GIS mapping
– Perform administrative tasks as assigned
– Contribute to MAP municipal planning and regulatory projects and publications as assigned
– Ability to monitor and assess tree plantings for survival and success
– Knowledge of land planning and land conservation
– Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Graphic Design, and/or Database skills desired
– Good writing and communication skills
– Proficiency with a digital camera and a good eye for publishable photos
– Access to a reliable personal vehicle required
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required
The internship will last approximately ten weeks, beginning in May or June, and will be compensated at the rate of $15 an hour. Housing is not available.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, a relevant work sample, and two references by email only to email@example.com. Please include “Summer Internship” in the subject line. Deadline for submission is March 11, 2016.