Natural Lands is a non-profit organization that saves open space, cares for nature, and connects people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. We’ve been at it since the early 1950s and, today, more than 2.5 million people live within five miles of lands under our permanent protection.
Natural Lands is pleased to announce an open position in our Development Department. The Membership and Annual Manager oversees all activity related to membership and annual gift fundraising (including new member acquisition, membership renewals, and other annual appeals); gift acknowledgement and recognition; and donor stewardship. An integral member of the Natural Lands development team, the position also incorporates assignments associated with broader departmental and organizational fundraising priorities.
The successful candidate will have:
• A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum three to five years of specialized training and experience in direct marketing or membership program management.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including non-profit case-making or fundraising experience.
• Strong knowledge of general marketing techniques, including direct marketing, social networking, and print material development.
• Experience developing and managing budgets as well as in data analysis and donor appeal reporting.
• The ability to work productively in a team environment; affinity for learning about and assisting with other Development Department fundraising and relationship advancement priorities
• Proficiency in word processing and computer databases; ability to learn specific database software and to analyze and utilize database information; knowledge of Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge or similar fund-raising software preferred.
• A strong interest in conservation, the outdoors, and Natural Lands’ mission.
Join the staff at the beautiful Natural Lands’ headquarters on the Hildacy Preserve in Media, Pennsylvania.
TO APPLY: visit our website at www.natlands.org/everything-else/job-opportunities/
and complete the online application process. Please address all applications to Jeni Albany, Director of Human Resources.