The Delaware Riverkeeper Network (DRN), a grassroots, regional, nonprofit working to protect and restore the Delaware River, is seeking a Member Programs & Development Associate.
Position Summary: The Member Programs & Development Associate oversees the implementation of DRN’s development activities and events, and works in a collaborative environment to advance a membership and fund raising program, guided by the Delaware Riverkeeper, the Director of Grants and Communication, and the DRN development team.
Reports to: Director of Grants and Communication
• Plan and execute social, fundraising, and educational events, ranging from paddling trips to dinner fundraisers to conferences, for members, donors, and the public.
• Manage and oversee all aspects of activities and events.
• Recruit and engage event and activity sponsors as needed.
• Develop and follow budgets and timelines.
• Develop and design communication materials.
• Manage web donation pages and fundraising-related web content
• Help draft and review fund raising appeals and membership promotions.
• Undertake outreach to recruit new members (e.g., targeted tabling events).
• Serve as a frontline contact for member and general public inquiries.
• Ensure timely, personalized, and accurate communications with donors, including follow-up calls as needed.
• Process gift acknowledgements.
• Perform general administrative duties for development team.
• Other duties as assigned
This position requires a limited level of travel throughout the watershed, and access to reliable transportation is essential. Some evening and weekend work required
• Minimum college level degree.
• Team player capable of working independently with minimal oversight.
• Detail-oriented, organized, efficient, and flexible.
• Ability to multi-task in a high performing environment, expected.
• Work experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably in the environmental field, a plus.
• Exceptional written and oral skills with a high-level of computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, InDesign, Salesforce a plus) and a strong aptitude for mastering new applications.
Salary range: $35,000
Position offered is full-time, 40 hours a week, but flexible hours and schedule may be possible for the right candidate.
Benefits include Holidays, Vacation, and Health Insurance.
Position is open until filled.