Chester County Department of Open Space Preservation
The Department of Open Space Preservation (DOSP) is seeking a Land Preservation Coordinator (LPC) to help maximize the quality and pace of conservation by proactively identifying and positively addressing challenges on active and potential projects. The ideal candidate will have experience with Pennsylvania’s Farmland Preservation Program and will have a history of welcoming and successfully handling increasing responsibility.
• Commission and coordinate appraisals, title reports, deeds, and land surveys (and quality control).
• Help landowners and municipalities navigate the Agricultural Security Area Act as necessary.
• Help us effectively communicate and coordinate with landowners, agencies and funding partners.
• Accurately prepare and submit information needed to any and all partners including reports required by the Commonwealth’s Farmland Preservation Program.
• Accurately track information on all active projects and archive completed projects in a timely manner.
• Play a significant role in ranking applicants using GIS and also recording and presenting their scores.
• Help manage data, generate reports, and positively respond to reasonable requests to support others.
• Be positive, present and engaged in the tasks at hand, master recurring tasks in a reasonable amount of time, exhibit the ability to apply common sense and strategic thinking, and eventually identify areas of interest to grow in to that will help keep our work on the cutting edge of conservation.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and one to two years of progressively responsible job-related experience.
• Strong work ethic and commitment to preservation.
• Accurate and detail oriented.
• Experience with ArcGIS and Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Calendar, Word, Excel and Access.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and strong professional ethics.
• Ability to work as part of a team and also self-motivated on independent tasks.
• Success maintaining a positive professional image.
• Demonstrated ability to be accurate and also efficient in executing tasks.
• Ability to take things in stride, keep a sense of humor, while maintaining a serious focus on helping the Department excel.
• A valid driver’s license.
We are always trying to get the word out and do more with less. From time to time this can mean figuring out ways to let volunteers help as well as recruiting and supervising them. It can also mean attending meetings or events outside the normal work day schedule. Basically – pitching in is something that will be expected.
Bottom Line and Links to Fine Print:
• The position is a full-time (35 hours) from 8:30 – 4:30 with a lunch hour.
• The salary is $40,556.88/year paid on a bi-weekly basis.
• Learn all about benefits (pension, holidays, vacation, sick and personal time off, vision, dental, health etc.) and submit an application at www.chesco.org/jobs.
• The office is in West Chester, PA.
• Visit www.chesco.org/openspace to learn more about our work.