The Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay, a regional non-profit organization headquartered in Annapolis, Maryland with offices in Virginia, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, seeks a highly qualified and motivated individual to provide grants management expertise in pre- and post-award activities, grants administration, grant eligibility research and provide assistance to the Director of Finance with financial administration of grant budgets and reporting.
The Grants Manager will be a motivated, detail-oriented, multi-tasker who will provide financial and management leadership and direction related to projects funded by federal, state, and private grants. The Grants Manager will oversee financial administration of grants; assist program staff in the development of grant documentation and ensure that program staff meet compliance and reporting requirements, assist in the budget development process, and perform budget analysis duties as assigned. The Grants Manager will also assist staff in researching grant proposal solicitations and their potential applicability to Alliance programs.
- Maintain institutional informational materials necessary for proposal development.
- Provide support to program staff in proposal preparation and coordination for submission.
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant applications and application amendments. In coordination with the program staff, assist with budget development and tracking.
- Monitor grants and ensure compliance with grantor guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Perform functions of financial administration and reporting related to grants, including, but not limited to: preparation and timely submission of grant reports, development and adjustment of associated budgets, tracking of budgeted funds, creating and maintaining grant budget summaries for program staff, screening and processing requests for expenditures, and ensuring timely reimbursement from federal, state and private funders.
- Serve as liaison with staff on issues regarding grants.
- Assist in evaluating the fiscal administration of grant programs.
- Perform related work as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
The Grants Manager will possess substantial knowledge of grant processes and administration, including accounting and financial reporting; an ability to interpret complex grant funding requirements, submissions, and budget projections; an ability to interpret federal, state, and local government laws and regulations regarding grant administration; an ability to review the work of others to ensure conformance to standards and, the ability to communicate effectively across a broad spectrum of staff, both orally and in writing. In addition, the Grants Manager must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects and tasks sometimes under tight deadlines; must have a desire and ability to work independently in a self-directed, small-office environment, manage priorities and meet deadlines especially during times of peak activity. An interest and commitment to environmental stewardship is essential.
Additional skills include:
- Proficiency with Sage 50 financial management software strongly preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Sales Force (preferred but not required)
- Experience in a non-profit setting desirable.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Grants Manager in the subject line.
No phone inquiries, please.
For more information, see the position announcement on our website: https://allianceforthebay.org/2016/05/position-announcement-grants-manager/