Blue Water Baltimore – the leading water quality nonprofit in Baltimore – seeks an Executive Director to advance clean water and healthy communities. This is an opportunity to lead one of the most dynamic and effective environmental organizations in the region.
Blue Water Baltimore’s mission is to restore the quality of Baltimore’s rivers, streams and harbor to foster a healthy environment, a strong economy, and thriving communities. Blue Water Baltimore is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that uses a holistic set of programs to meet the great challenges of improving water quality. We bring together members of the community and our public and private partners to achieve restoration, greening, and advocacy goals.
Read more at www.bluewaterbaltimore.org.
Position Overview:Blue Water Baltimore seeks an energetic leader who is passionate about the Blue Water Baltimore mission. The Executive Director will shape the vision and the strategy of the organization, guide over 30 dedicated staff, and oversee an annual budget of over $5 million. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and will publicly represent Blue Water Baltimore’s mission and values to a wide range of community partners and stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Develop and deliver on a shared vision and strategy for the future of Blue Water Baltimore
● Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders at the highest level
● Serve as a spokesperson for the organization in the community and as an advocacy voice for clean water
● Ensure that a cohesive communication and development strategy is developed and implemented
● Personally build relationships with funders and prospects that result in grants and major gift opportunities
● Oversee operations across multiple organizational functions
● Create and maintain a collaborative working environment
● Cultivate continuing education and professional development opportunities for staff and self
● Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Board while facilitating the sharing of information, engagement on committees, and fundraising and volunteering
● Prepare and present the annual budget of the organization in collaboration with the Finance Director and Treasurer
● Oversee and maintain operational systems, including oversight of information technology
● A passion for water quality within the Baltimore and Chesapeake Bay regions
● The ability to develop and maintain relationships with government agencies, nonprofit groups, charitable foundations, and other constituents at the highest level
● Maintain a positive professional presence with excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
● An energetic and tenacious attitude, with the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
● Ability to motivate and work with staff, Board, volunteers and other stakeholders to achieve organizational deliverables
● Proven management experience/training in a multi-layered organization setting
● Demonstrated ability in fundraising including grants, donor gifts and events
● An understanding of technical aspects of Blue Water Baltimore’s programmatic work
● The ability to understand complex environmental legal issues and the regulatory framework concerning water pollution and waterway protection
● Proficient understanding of technology, workplace systems and databases
● A Bachelor’s degree and minimum 10 years of experience in environmental management and non-profit organizations. There may be a combination of education and experience to meet this qualification
● The position is located in the Baltimore region at our new offices in the Remington neighborhood
Salary & Benefits• Salary range is $90-105k, depending on experience
• Employer contribution to health, dental and free vision benefits
• 401K with employer match
• Paid holiday, sick, vacation and personal time
Please email a cover letter and resume to EDSearch@bluewaterbaltimore.org.
This position will remain open until March 31st. Blue Water Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.