The Bedminster Regional Land Conservancy (BRLC) Board of Directors (BOD) is seeking a motivated individual to lead the nonprofit organization as Executive Director. The BRLC’s mission is to protect and preserve farmland and open spaces in Bucks County.
The Executive Director will have the primary responsibility to manage and support the operations and administration of the BRLC at the direction of the BOD. This position will involve, but not be limited to, the management and coordination of the land preservation activities of the BRLC and serve as a point person to coordinate these land preservation activities. This person will oversee those operations central to maintaining the standards and practices of an accredited land trust. A primary activity, approximately seventy-five percent of duties, is to implement and oversee the easement-monitoring program.
This is a full-time salaried position with two weeks of paid vacation and paid federal holidays. As much as possible, the executive director will establish and maintain regular weekly office hours. Otherwise the position can accommodate flexible work arrangements in line with the duties and responsibilities of the position. The candidate would operate from a home office.
The BRLC is looking for candidates who meet the following qualifications:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in land conservation work
• College degree, preferably in environmental/natural sciences or related field
• Demonstrated knowledge of land conservation techniques and land trusts
• Familiarity with the Land Trust’s Alliance Standards and Practices and willingness to work within the parameters they have established preferred.
• Computer proficiency
• Ability to work independently and not require close supervision
• Strong organizational and communication skills
o demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with a variety of individuals including, but not limited to, the BOD, township officials, the land-trust community, landowners, volunteers, and the general public
o demonstrated ability to negotiate and problem-solve
• Grant writing skills a plus: interest in developing skills in grantsmanship and grant writing, as well as in seeking out such funding opportunities to support activities of BRLC.
• Experience in a diversity of land trust capacities including financial management and fundraising
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. BRLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.