TITLE: Environmental Education Administration Intern
CLASSIFICATION: Intern (Academic Credit)
DIRECT REPORT: Vice President of Education
Under the direction of the Vice President of Education, the Environmental Education Administration Intern will assist in the oversight and direction of the environmental education department.
• Assist with the daily operations of an environmental education department in the areas of program development and management, human resources, budgets, policies and procedures, office management, staff and facility scheduling and grant management;
• assist in planning, developing, teaching and maintaining different functions of summer camp and community-based programs like outreach events and hikes for all ages of the public;
• assist with developing curriculum for a new Citizen Science program;
• assist with creation of a volunteer docent program, including policies and procedures for recruitment, scheduling and training;
• assist with the creation of a new nature play area; and
• assist with other aspects of running an environmental education department, such as answering phones, animal care, answering requests for information from the public, organizing office spaces, and maintenance.
• Completion of at least two years towards a BS or BA in Environmental Education, Recreation or related field;
• commitment to a full season of work;
• an ability to work with individuals of all ages and abilities outdoors and indoors;
• ability to work independently and within a team;
• have a strong work ethic and sense of humor;
• tolerance of inclement weather conditions;
• ability to lift up to 25 pounds;
• basic computer literacy in Microsoft Office;
• excellent interpersonal skills;
• professional appearance;
• must possess or be willing to obtain; current CPR, First Aid and AED certification; Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151); Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Record Check (Act 34); FBI Clearance (Act 114); and
• valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
Wildlands Conservancy offices are smoke-free. The ability to work harmoniously in manifestly friendly – but close – quarters is required. Working long and unusual hours, including some evenings and weekends, and walking and standing on uneven natural surfaces on land or in water is common. Travel is usually local, rarely requiring overnight stay.