The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy is seeking an experienced Director of Human Resources who will be responsible for administration, management, planning and development of all Human Resource functions for the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy (Conservancy), ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the Conservancy’s mission.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for human resource management for the Conservancy, including EEO regulatory compliance, recruitment and selection, compensation, wage and salary administration, benefit administration, performance management, employee relations, corrective action and disciplinary issues and termination.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills – including the ability to make presentations to the general public and peer audiences.
- Excellent facilitation and coaching skills – must have the ability to work well inter- and intra-departmentally.
- Excellent organizational skills – must be able to demonstrate prior success at executing projects in a timely manner and in achieving results on schedule. Must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Training/development background preferred.
Strong planning skills – must be able to develop and implement tactical plans from established strategic goals.
Education and Experience
- Eight (8) years experience in public or private human resource management; OR
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field, and five (5) years’ HR generalist experience; OR
- A master’s degree in human resource management or related personnel/human resource field; OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.