POSITION TITLE: Director of Facilities and Security
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
BASIC FUNCTION: The Director of Facilities and Security is the senior leader responsible for the management and maintenance of all Brandywine-owned properties and for the protection of such property, people and assets. The director is also responsible for the transportation of certain art objects, aids with exhibition installations, and for maintaining a well-trained staff to support these functions.
RELATIONSHIPS: The director works closely with all Brandywine senior leaders and the museum’s curator of collections and registrar. The director also selects and supervises outside contractors and staff members.
1. Leads the Facilities and Security Department and prepares its annual budget. Consults with other senior leaders regarding use of funds budgeted for maintenance, repairs, security, and special projects for their respective departments.
2. Participates in the creation of the Brandywine capital budget along with the Director of Finance and Administration, Executive Director and other leaders as appropriate. 3. Oversees security operations and equipment including access and asset control and CCTV protocols.
4. Establishes are oversees ethical procedures and safety procedures for maintenance staff and others using Brandywine properties.
5. Supervises and trains security, maintenance and custodial staff assigned to the respective departments.
6. Maintains as-built plans for all Brandywine facilities. Maintains property maps.
7. Recommends equipment purchases and remains informed regarding equipment available for use. Maintains all Brandywine equipment.
8. Proactively maintains all Brandywine buildings and grounds and coordinates such activities as necessary with representatives of the Brandywine with a focus on preventative maintenance.
9. Handles works of art and installs museum exhibitions with the guidance of the registrar and curatorial staff. Supervises and trains others in the handling of works of art.
10. Manages bidding process for all construction and maintenance projects. Oversees construction projects.
11. Supervises the Coordinator of Horticulture and provides personnel management for garden maintenance.
12. Creates and executes a schedule for preventative maintenance
13. In consultation with other senior leaders and executive director, creates and executes emergency management plans.
14. Manages all vendor relationships for supplies and services as they relate to the overall facilities and security needs.
1. Proven and demonstrative track record of exemplary leadership and strategic thinking.
2. Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, Trustees, vendors, local government officials and the general public.
3. Reliance on extensive experience and judgement to plan and achieve goals.
4. Extensive knowledge of and experience with management of physical property of the type owned and utilized by Brandywine including land, buildings and equipment, HVAC systems, electrical and plumbing systems, on-the road vehicles of all types, heavy machinery, wood and metal shop equipment, etc.
5. College degree with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in facility and security management operations. PE and/or CFE certification is preferred.
6. Specialized training in a building related filed (HVAC, refrigeration, etc.) is desirable.
7. Willingness to commit such hours as necessary to manage responsibilities.
8. Experience in contracting and supervising outside consultants and specialized building contractors.
9. Must be able to operate heavy and light maintenance equipment.
Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations to email@example.com