Position Summary:Advance the mission of Brandywine Red Clay Alliance by planning, coordinating and supervising all aspects of resource development and public relations by:
1) Plan, coordinate and implement all aspects of resource development plan with an emphasis on major gifts.
2) Oversee and assist with all aspects of the Annual Campaign.
3) Conduct all aspects of grant writing.
4) Plan and implement all aspects of public relations to support organization’s mission and fundraising.
Position Reports To: Executive Director
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesSteward of Philanthropic Culture:
• Oversee resource development plan and volunteer structure with strategies for committees and subcommittees. Assist with recruitment of volunteers.
• Identify and cultivate prospects, develop individual strategies, prepare and conduct presentations to individuals, corporations and groups.
• Assist the Board leadership in creating a philanthropic culture that includes educating current, prospective and new board members on the importance of personal giving.
• Manage and implement Board approved donor recognition programs including but not limited to named gifts, thank you letters, recognition of major donors and donor appreciation events.
• Manage and implement Board approved fundraising initiatives including, but not limited to, future capital campaign.
Annual and Planned Giving:
• Work closely with Executive Director to coordinate the Annual Campaign and Planned Giving with an emphasis on major donor cultivation and solicitation to secure operating, programmatic and capital support.
• Work closely with Board and volunteers as they plan and implement all fund-raising events.
• Oversee that donor database is maintained and updated daily.
• Supervise Data Specialist
• Assist Executive Director with identification of prospects and development of foundation grants.
• Supervise government contracts insuring coherency of message.
• Develop a marketing and communications plan that emphasizes the value of the mission to strengthen relationships with members and volunteers.
• Serve as editor for Newsletter and Annual Report in conjunction with staff and volunteers to develop and deliver key messages and expand distribution.
• Work with staff and volunteers to obtain relevant information for inclusion on website and monitor updates of text content as needed.
• Create and disseminate press releases as appropriate. Develop working relationships with key media personnel. If necessary, prepare press kits and conduct press conferences.
• Seek speaking engagements with community groups for staff and volunteers.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in business administration or marketing preferred
Minimum of 3-5 years experience in all areas of financial development with special emphasis on major gift development. CFRE desirable but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated ability in organizational and administrative skills. Initiative to solve problems and to implement appropriate activities within limited time frame. Flexibility and willingness to accept new ideas. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Computer literacy required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs: Word, Excel, Access and Fundraising software.
How To apply:To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and place the job title “Director of Development and Marketing” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
For More Information: Further information about Brandywine Red Clay Alliance may be found at http://www.brandywineredclay.org