SGP is seeking a candidate for the position of Development Associate to support the Executive Director and Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator. We are looking for a smart, talented, ambitious, mission-driven individual, with a strong attention to detail, who is committed to collaboration, innovation, and action and enjoys working in a fast paced environment. As a key member of the staff, the Development Associate will play a key role in ensuring accuracy in all administrative facets of the program, and must exhibit a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Manage SGP’s constituent database, updating records, and overseeing volunteers that help with database entries.
- Manage programs to help board members, staff and volunteers in identifying, cultivating and stewarding donors.
- Plan and conduct membership campaigns, including all appeals, renewals, incentives and acknowledgments.
- Administrative support for corporate sponsorship programs.
- Responsible for ensuring proper donor recognition.
- Assist with donor prospect research and proposal writing.
- Responsible for drafting and finalizing of correspondence, meeting scheduling and additional administrative tasks in support of the Executive Director, Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator and board members.
- Assist the Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator with administrative tasks for all donor events.
- Serve as the staff support person for the Development and Outreach Committee, organizing all committee meetings, taking and circulating meeting minutes.
- Work with the Executive Director, Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator, and Development and Outreach Committee to establish annual fundraising goals and plans. Assist with the development of a 5-year strategic fundraising plan.
- Plan and manage sale of Susquehanna Greenway merchandise.
- Bachelor’s degree required in marketing, communications, public relations, nonprofit administration, or related field.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, relational databases, and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Experience with relational donor database systems, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign preferred.
- Two years’ experience working in a Development department in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills required.
- Careful attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Impeccable judgment and strong decision-making skills.
- Keen problem-solving skills.
- Strong marketing communications skills, including website content management, email communications tools, blogs and online social marketing.
- Positive can-do attitude, flexibility, ability to work well with others and high degree of initiative required.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to be open to new ideas and suggestions.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel for work within Central Pennsylvania.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
We offer a supportive work environment with competitive benefit package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, and retirement plan.
To submit an application, please email email@example.com your cover letter, resume, and short writing samples. PLEASE PUT “Development Associate” IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR MESSAGE