Summary: The National Caucus of Environmental Legislators (NCEL) seeks a highly motivated employee who will support fundraising efforts and implement and manage new office systems. The Development and Office Coordinator will also coordinate event planning and staff travel throughout the year, and interface with state legislators and their assistants. This is a part-time position of 20-25 hours per week.
NCEL is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization working with environmentally minded state lawmakers to advance pro-environment initiatives and defend against the rollback of environmental safeguards. The organization comprises a nationwide network of over 1,100 state legislators with membership in all 50 states and from both major parties. We conduct both issue-focused and regional projects, and our annual National Issues Forum provides an opportunity for legislators to learn about emerging environmental issues and collaborate with their colleagues from other states. For more information, visit www.ncel.net.
The employee will develop office systems that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization. This entails bookkeeping, travel planning and database management to ensure the organization runs smoothly. Duties include:
- Management of the office environment including office supplies, technology needs, filing and office calendars.
- Bookingkeeping for organizational budgets, along with preparing reimbursements and processing checks.
- Update member profiles and other databases.
- Proofing communications content, including emails, fact sheets and reports.
- Regularly updating NCEL materials such as our website and social media profiles.
This position will coordinate travel for NCEL staff on state visits, as well as plan and execute regional and national forums. Duties include:
- Coordinate event logistics such as flights, hotels, car rentals, catering and event space reservations.
- Contact legislators and staff to organize meetings and invite Caucus members to events.
- Collaborate with NCEL staff to identify and recruit expert speakers for the state visits and forums.
- Develop and prepare event materials as necessary.
The Office Manager will work in tandem with the Executive Director to conduct the fundraising program of the organization. This entails maintaining relationships with foundations, conducting the annual member fundraising drive and developing a major donor program. Duties include:
- Write grant proposals for new and continuing grant sources.
- Draft necessary grant reports and track accomplishments throughout the cycle.
- Maintain an accurate management of grants to ensure punctual submissions of proposals and reports, as well as tracking progress towards achieving grant deliverables.
- Engage in ongoing research for new potential grantors that coincide with the needs of NCEL.
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office suite products, Google applications, and basic database management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing organizational budgets and creating reports to track income and expenditures. Familiarity with Quickbooks is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with foundation fundraising and grant writing. Familiarity and experience building a donor base is a plus and greatly encouraged.
- Ability to create efficient systems to streamline office functions.
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting is essential.
- Volunteer experience or familiarity with non-profit organizations preferred.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing your qualifications to Dylan McDowell at email@example.com. Include “NCEL COORDINATOR 2015” in the subject line.