TITLE: Communications Intern
CLASSIFICATION: Intern (Academic Credit)
DEPARTMENT: Development & Communications
DIRECT REPORT: Director of Annual Fund & Communications
Under the direction of the Director of Annual Fund & Communications, the Communications Intern is responsible for assisting with communications that support Wildlands Conservancy’s special events, relationship cultivation, fundraising and community programming.
• Assist with communications needs across print and electronic platforms, including the organization’s website and social media;
• story development and content gathering as assigned, including sourcing images and conducting interviews;
• assist with fundraising and relationship cultivation events;
• provide general office support; and
• other duties as assigned.
• Have completed at least two years a college degree program in communications or a related field;
• commitment to a full season of work;
• demonstrated oral and written communication skills;
• ability to work independently and within a team;
• basic computer literacy in Microsoft Office;
• knowledge of WordPress or similar content management system preferred;
• basic photography skills preferred;
• knowledge of social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter);
• must possess or be willing to obtain: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151); Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Record Check (Act 34); and
• valid Pennsylvania’s Driver’s License.
Wildlands Conservancy offices are smoke-free. The ability to work harmoniously in manifestly friendly – but close – quarters is required. There are opportunities to assist with events and programs on evening and weekends when available.