Scope of work: The Communications and Grants Specialist is responsible for managing the public relations and communications strategy for Berks Nature, and organize and manage the grants reporting process including grant budgets. This strategy supports communicating the value of our conservation efforts, which will result in increased membership and increased development activities therefore supporting additional conservation program activities.
Requires college graduate with proven marketing and communications experience, excellent writing skills, general computer knowledge, web management experience and knowledge of desk-top publishing preferred. Exemplary interpersonal skills and a genuine appreciation in working with diverse audiences.
Position reports to: VP for Development & Community Relations
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Continually seek opportunities to extend public awareness of Berks Nature and increase membership.
- Provide regular communication pieces for our membership, such as quarterly newsletter, e-news, website, etc.
- Regular maintenance of the website.
- Develop and maintain media relations contacts and work to position Berks Nature to the public.
- Act as the communications and media relations clearinghouse for the organization. Monitor the effectiveness of our messages and make recommendations about areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement marketing programs that address and develop the interests of our various constituents and communicate the message of BN.
- Assist with grant-writing as appropriate.
- Manage grant reporting and grant budgets
- Develop and deliver presentations pertaining to Berks Nature to various organizations, service groups, and municipalities.
- Develop and implement communications pieces or grant applications to support development and programmatic functions of the organization.
- When necessary, draft remarks, presentations and correspondence for the President, Board Chair and other staff as appropriate.
- Assist in organizing special events for the organization ie: cultivation and donor meetings/events, press conferences, garden openings etc.
- Represent Berks Nature on appropriate committees and at related social events, meetings and/or conference that affect Berks County and our mission.
- Coordinate marketing projects/events with our partners as appropriate.
- Work with sub-contractors such as printers, graphic designers, web artists etc. as necessary.
- Maintain and grow the current media/photograph database.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Send cover letter and resume electronically (by April 1, 2016) to: email@example.com or by mail to: Communications & Grants Specialist; Berks Nature; 25 N 11th Street; Reading, PA 19601