About us: PennFuture is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)3 organization leading the transition to a clean energy economy in Pennsylvania. We are protecting our air, water and land, and empowering citizens to build sustainable communities for future generations.
Job Description: Campaign Manager – Green in 18 (Philadelphia, PA or Harrisburg, PA)
PennFuture’s “Green in 18” campaign will increase the visibility of environmental issues in the 2018 election. The campaign manager will lead the effort, managing a total of four staff. The campaign manager will need to navigate the political complexities of Pennsylvania and ensure strict compliance with relevant election and nonprofit law.
The key mission of the campaign will be to harness and highlight the significant public support that exists for these vital issues and to ensure that candidates for elected office can clearly see that support. The campaign manager will lead a team of 4, including a Press Secretary and three organizers. He or she will serve as the public face of the campaign, and coordinate with the rest of PennFuture to achieve the goals of this program and the organization as a whole.
• Report to the Vice President for Civic Engagement
• Plan and execute the campaign strategy in collaboration with the Vice President for Civic Engagement, Director of Outreach, and Director of Communication;
• Recruit, train, and manage three field organizers and a Press Secretary;
• Coordinate statewide voter registration and voter participation campaigns;
• Plan and execute large public rallies, candidate forums, and education events;
• Represent the organization with elected officials and the media;
• Edit campaign e-mails, action alerts, website content, blog and social media posts;
• Speak truth to power, directly questioning elected officials and candidates in public forums.
• 3-5 years of experience in political campaigns, volunteer management, canvassing and/or phone banking preferred.
• Self-starter able to work remotely with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and comfort with public speaking.
• Enthusiasm for environmental protection.
• Driver License and access to a vehicle.
• Familiarity with non-profit organizations is preferred though not required.
• Experience with VAN/Salsa/EveryAction is a plus.
Location, Compensation, and Timeline: The position may be located in either Philadelphia or Harrisburg, PA depending on the successful candidate. Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health care, dental, and reduced paid time off (not eligible for severance). The position is a full-time grant or contract funded position that is grant dependent.
Legal Disclosure. PennFuture is an equal opportunity employer and a 501(C)3 tax-exempt organization. All activities undertaken during the “Green in 18” campaign must fully comply with all applicable state and federal laws for tax exempt organizations.
Submission: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to email@example.com. Please write “Green in 18 Campaign Manager” in the subject line. The application deadline is December 12, 2017.