Natural Lands is a non-profit organization that saves open space, cares for nature, and connects people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. We’ve been at it since the early 1950s and, today, more than 2.5 million people live within five miles of lands under our permanent protection.
Our growth has created this new position in our Finance and Administration Department. The Assistant Controller will assist the Controller in maintaining and overseeing all accounting functions and provide Natural Lands’ staff with accurate and timely financial reporting.
Year one will involve rotating through various positions to develop a broad base of organizational understanding. For training details, please view the full job description as noted at the bottom of this announcement.
The successful candidate:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related business discipline with at least three years accounting work experience;
• Knowledge of accounting principles and functions;
• Possess strong analytical skills, an eye for details and the ability to problem solve;
• Organized and able to work both independently and collaboratively;
• Good communication skills;
• Excellent computer skills; Must be proficient with MS Office especially MS Excel;
• Knowledge of and prior experience with database setup; Filemaker and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains a plus.
For a full job description and to review the first year training schedule, please visit our website at www.natlands.org/everything-else/job-opportunities/ OR download the job description above.