TITLE: Animal Care Intern
CLASSIFICATION: Intern (Academic Credit)
DIRECT REPORT: Director of Education Administration
Under the direction of the Director of Education Administration, the Animal Care Intern is responsible for assisting with the professional care and maintenance of Wildlands Conservancy’s education animals which primarily include raptors, mammals, amphibians and reptiles.
• Clean and maintain animal areas to maximum cleanliness after instruction/demonstration of procedures;
• feed, water, bathe and train animals as requested after instruction/demonstration of procedures;
• assist with maintaining buildings organization including monitoring the usage of materials;
• assist other staff with animals as needed; and
• attend training to learn new skills and/or updates on current practices.
• Working towards a BS/BA in science or related field;
• ability to perform animal care activities in an objective yet compassionate manner;
• diligence and dependability;
• ability to work within a team and independently;
• have a strong work ethic and sense of humor;
• commitment to a full season of work;
• tolerance of inclement weather conditions;
• ability to lift up to 25 pounds; and
• excellent interpersonal skills.
Wildlands Conservancy offices and animal facilities are smoke-free. The ability to work harmoniously in manifestly friendly – but close – quarters is required. Working long and unusual hours, including some evenings and weekends, and walking and standing on uneven natural surfaces on land or in water is common.
For full job listing and to APPLY, visit www.wildlandspa.org